Saturday, November 30, 2013

Just when you think things couldn't be better.....


Have you ever noticed that no matter how great your life is going, something is always going wrong? Kind of like that song, "Ironic" It rains on your wedding day or the plane crashes just when the guy gets up the nerve to take his first flight. It seems to be almost a guarantee in my life.  To the point that I can not be truly happy because I just know
the next bomb is going to go off and I haven't recovered from the last one.



Now, before you go calling the Doctors on me, I am not depressed or overly stressed.  I just can't shake this feeling like everything is about to crash down around me.



My life is thought to be picture perfect by some.



I have this amazing husband that would (and does daily) swim through shark infested waters to bring me a Pepsi. I honestly could not ask for more from him, and sometimes feel bad asking anything at all, just because I know he will bend over backwards to make me happy.



I have a great house. It is not a huge house, barely big enough for the 7 of us, it needs a ton of renos, but it is all ours, has a beautiful yard full of potential and we really like it.



My kids are awesome in their own way. Not to say they are little angles or anything, but I have been blessed with smart and funny kids. Of course I also have been blessed finally with the little girl I have always wanted. (Hubs even gave me what I wanted there) She is adorable and sweet and loves her Mommy and Daddy. She also smells GREAT. I get to play dress up everyday.



I thank God daily for the blessings I have been given.



So why do I feel like something terrible is on the verge of happening? Is it postpartum hormones? Or is it that life can't be wonderful for ever? 



I suppose life would be very boring if it stayed wonderful all the time. And what lessons would we learn? Would I be as grateful for all that I have now, if I didn't go through the crappy years? If I didn't have to wait 20 years for my baby girl? Probably not.



So maybe if I stay VERY grateful for the things I have, and promise to never take them for granted, maybe, just maybe, life will leave me alone for a while, to just revel in the goodness that life is right now.



2 comments:

You might also like: