Sunday, November 17, 2013

What the TARDIS?

My husband has been watching a bunch of Doctor Who episodes recently. Sorry for all you Doctor Who fans out there, while I find the show mildly entertaining, it doesn't capture my attention for long. That being said, one thing I have noticed is that the Doctor's companions will go to another time and occasionally leave messages for themselves or others.

If a TARDIS had access to you and you could go back to an earlier time, what message would you leave yourself?

There have been many instances in my life that I made choices that
I could have used some "been there done that" advice. Like my choice in high school to wear that stupid jean jacket from my Dad's closet! It was 5 sizes to big and had a deep pocket on the left upper side. Being naive, I thought it was fun that everyone referred to that pocket as "Grande Central Station" because everyone and their dog put things in there and took things out! Looking back now, the popularity of that pocket probably had more to do with its location than its size and capacity!

Hmm the more I think about it, I could have made it through much of high school more gracefully with some message from my older self saying "They are not your friends, pull your head out of your behind and take a look around you!" or "maybe you should just homeschool!"

I could have used a tip off that the guy I thought was so dreamy and wonderful and strong was really a budding alcoholic that would pride himself on being an @sshole. That would have saved me 15 years of my life and a huge lawyer bill! Maybe a big sign written in denim on my wall would have worked. Or a bottle to the head!

If I timed it right, I could have gotten myself an appointment at the same hairdresser my true love was at, or sent myself a pen pal letter to say "your soul mate is at the other high school, quit wearing that acid washed jacket and transfer there! On second thought, bring the jacket!" Maybe I would have met Cadadoodle's Daddy many years sooner and lived a happy life, without the "D" word ever entering my mind!

How about telling my younger self that taking Early Childhood Development, and running a day home would not be the amazing experience for me that it was for my aunt? I could have avoided all those traumatizing years! I could have told myself that I could be much more, maybe to consider Pharmacy?

If a TARDIS had access to me, I could have had a much better, easier time of it for sure.

I am sure you know where this is heading....

My life could have been better but I would have missed out on my kids, my experiences, my life lessons....blah blah blah! Isn't that what we are supposed to say? If I could go back, I would not change a thing?

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, I am thankful for my life experiences, they have definitely made me who I am today. I would be in a much different place than I am today with a bit of older self guidance. Maybe I wouldn't know what I now know. But then, how could my older self know to tell my younger self all that my older self went back to tell my younger self? AHHHHH! My poor, omega deprived mommy brain just blew a defense-indefinite-timeloop-option!

So,


to avoid breaking the Gallifreyan First Law of time ....




there is only one thing I would tell my younger self (to prevent a Blinovitch Limitation Effect) ....




....




Do not...




drink the....







Diet Pepsi!

That stuff is full of aspartame and even though "they" claim it is not harmful, developing an allergy that makes chicken pox seem like a swim in a tub of cool whip, is soooo not worth the fizzy yummyness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: